|DragToTab MileWideBack ResizeSearchBox SubmitToTab KeywordSelection PopupSound DragToScroll CheckBoxMate Screenshots Installation Mailing List FAQ|
- v0.3.2 released
- v0.3.1 released
- v0.3 released
- v0.2 released
- v0.1 released
What is KeywordSelection?
KeywordSelection extends the functionality of keyword searches so that they can also be activated with the mouse. Simply select some text in your current window and then click on a keyword-enabled bookmark. A search will be performed with the text selection. If no text is selected, it will open the bookmark website at the root level.
Install It (5.63 KB)
To start using this extension, you need at least one keyword-enabled (quicksearch) bookmark in your "Bookmarks Toolbar". By default, Your browser comes bundled with a few quicksearch bookmarks, which are located inside the "Quick Searches" folder, within your bookmarks.
The most useful one is the "Google" Quicksearch bookmark. You can start by dragging it out of your, "Quick Searches" folder and onto your "Bookmarks Toolbar".
Now select some text in your current browser. Then click on the "Google Quicksearch" bookmark.
Why use KeywordSelection?
- This extension is for you if you need the fastest access possible to multiple search engines using the mouse and with selected text on a webpage.
- This extension is also for you if you already have bookmarks for your favorite search engines on your bookmarks toolbar and would like those bookmarks to be able to search.
- Click here to see more use cases for this extension!
How to add your own Searches:
- Middle-click on the bookmark to open it in a new tab.
- Only works from the "Bookmarks" menu and the "Bookmarks Toolbar".
- The idea for this extension was obtained from Jesse Ruderman's search bookmarklets.
- There is an optional button you can add to the toolbar which shows all available keyword-enabled bookmarks in a menu.