|DragToTab MileWideBack ResizeSearchBox SubmitToTab KeywordSelection PopupSound DragToScroll CheckBoxMate Screenshots Installation Mailing List FAQ|
- v0.2 released
- v0.1.2 released
- v0.1.1 released
- v0.1 released
What is DragToTab?
DragToTab is an extension that allows you to drag links, text or files on to the "New Tab" and "New Window" icon in the toolbar to open them in either a new tab or in a new window respectively. If the text contains a complete or partial URL, it will be opened.
Install it (2.33 KB)
Why use DragToTab?
When you drag files from the desktop to the browser window, you often don't want to disrupt your current web searches so, with this extension, you can choose to open them in a new tab or a new window in one easy step.
Sometimes webpages print URLs without turning them into clickable links. You cannot open them in new tabs because you cannot "middle-click" or "ctrl-click" on a text selection. But with this extension, you can drag the text selection on to the toolbar icons to either open them in a new tab or in a new window.
Sometimes you come across a link that you want to open as a tab but in another existing window. With this extension, you can then drag the link to the new tab toolbar icon of the other window to open it there as a new tab.
- Use the Shift key to toggle whether new tabs are opened in the background or opened in front.
- Middle-click on the New Tab button to open the current webpage in a new tab.
- Only Firefox 0.9+ is supported as of now because only Firefox has a New Tab and New Window toolbar button.
- This extension is an implementation of enhancement bug #179845.
- This extension will not be ported to Firefox 1.1, because Firefox 1.1 will have support for this by default.